The Blue Ribbon Task Force was formed in January 2000 by the Santa Clarita City Council to provide information and education to the community about alcohol/drug/tobacco use by teens. Community leaders signed a Community Charter that recognizes their collective responsibility and commitment to provide a quality, safe, and substance-free environment for the youth of Santa Clarita.
Through the years, the concerns addressed by the Task Force have grown to include other teen issues such as peer pressure, teen stress, gangs, sex, and making healthy life choices, among others. The Task Force is composed of community-based organizations, parents, youth, educators, law enforcement, businesses and City staff.
- Drug Issue in Santa Clarita – Message from Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Captain Paul Becker, June 2010
- Prescription/Over-the-Counter Drug Campaign – Don't be Your Kid's Drug Dealer
- Parenting Tips from the National Institute of Drug Abuse
- Teen Drinking and Drug Use: Watch List for Parents
- Teen Drinking and Drug Use: Tips for Parents
- Time to Act! How to Tell if Your Teen is Using and Taking Action to Intervene
- Parents the Anti-Drug