The following is the recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, July 11, 2017:
Highlights of action taken include:
- Awarded contracts for consultant services to develop Safe Routes to School Plan for the eleven public schools throughout the City.
- Proclaimed July 13, 2017 as Summer Learning Day in Santa Clarita.
- Proclaimed July 22 as Day of the Cowboy in Santa Clarita.
- Approved the increase in current security services in Santa Clarita parks, Metrolink stations, the McBean Transit Center, and various City buildings.
- Held the second reading and adopted an ordinance amending Chapter 6.02 concerning Manufactured Home Park Rent Adjustment Procedures.
- Held the second reading and adopted the 2017 Sign Ordinance Update.
- Approved the Storm Drain and Culvert Upgrades Project to enhance drainage systems at four locations: Wiley Canyon Road north of Calgrove Boulevard, 13th Street west of Arch Street, and two locations on Sierra Highway north of The Old Road.
View the entire agenda of the July 11, 2017 meeting.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.
Previous Council Meeting Recaps
Adjournments in Memoriam