The following is the recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, March 14, 2017:
Highlights of action taken include:
- Adopted a resolution authorizing the reward of $5,000 regarding the fatal hit and run of Desiree Lawson.
- Approved to support the Metro Brighton to Roxford Double Track Project, the project aims to increase efficiency and safety for commuters.
- Awarded a contract to Andy Gump, Inc. for portable sanitation for various events in the City of Santa Clarita for 2017-2019.
- Awarded the design contract to Pacific Coast Land Design, Inc. for the Orchard Village Road Median Turf Removal project.
- Adopted a resolution authorizing the installation of multiway stop control at the following intersections: Kelly Johnson Parkway and West Rye Canyon Road and Vista Del Rio Drive and Parkside Drive.
- Passed to second reading an ordinance pertaining to amendments to the Old Town Newhall Specific Plan.
- Held a public hearing and adopted a resolution approving the Engineer’s Report for annexing parcels in District No. 1, Zone 32 (Vista Canyon).
- Held a public hearing and adopted a resolution approving the Engineer’s Report for Drainage Benefit Assessment Area No. 2017-1 (Vista Canyon).
- Conducted a public hearing regarding the results of the annual Community Needs Assessment.
- Passed to second reading an ordinance to reauthorize the Public, Educational, and Government Access (PEG) fee.
View the entire agenda from the March 14, 2017 meeting.
Approved Meeting Minutes can be accessed here once available.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.
Previous Council Meeting Recaps
Adjournments in Memoriam