The following is the recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, February 13, 2018:
Highlights of action taken include:
- Accepted the Fiscal Year 2017-18 Citizen’s Option for Public Safety Grant and approved the use of funds to continue funding the Career Offenders Burglary, Robbery, and Assault (COBRA) Team.
- Approved the purchase of 1+/- acres in Newhall for the expansion of the Bridge to Home winter shelter.
- Adopted a resolution to submit grant requests and enter into an agreement for State Transit Assistance State of Good Repair Funds from the California Department of Transportation.
- Adopted a resolution authorizing the continuation of worker’s compensation coverage for City volunteers.
- Authorized sending a letter to the City’s Federal Legislative Delegation, encouraging them to support policies that address the impacts and challenges of climate change in an effective way.
Approved Meeting Minutes can be accessed here once available.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.
Previous Council Meeting Recaps
Adjournments in Memoriam