The following is the recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, November 28, 2017:
- Accepted a donation of approximately five acres of property adjacent to Golden Valley Ranch Open Space for the purpose of recreational and open space preservation.
- Held a public hearing and adopted a resolution approving the Engineer’s Report for annexing parcels in Tract 69164 (Vista Canyon) into the City’s Wastewater Standby and Sewer Charges Rate District beginning Fiscal Year 2018-19.
- Held a public hearing and passed two ordinances to the second reading regarding parking in Old Town Newhall.
- Held a public hearing and adopted an ordinance extending a temporary moratorium pertaining to private marijuana cultivation and non-medical marijuana facilities.
- Received a City presentation highlighting submissions for the 30 Things for 30 Years Contest. The winning school was Charles Helmers Elementary School!
- Recognized Deputy Christopher Morgan for his work citing DUI drivers.
- Recognized Bill Reynolds for his work on the Fallen Warrior’s Monument.
- Recognized Rick Gould, Director of Recreation, Community Services, Arts, and Open Space for his 16 years of service with the City.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.
Previous Council Meeting Recaps
Adjournments in Memoriam