The City of Santa Clarita’s mission in an emergency situation is to save lives. By protecting property and the environment in situations associated with natural disasters, manmade disasters, and national security emergencies, the City follows these emergency management objectives:
- Manage and coordinate overall emergency response and recovery operations.
- Coordinate with appropriate federal, state and other local government agencies, as well as applicable segments of private sector entities and volunteer agencies.
- Establish priorities and resolve any conflicting demands for support.
- Prepare and disseminate emergency public information to inform, alert and warn the public.
- Disseminate damage information and other essential data.
- Plan for the continuation of government.
For more information contact:
Sign up for our monthly Emergency Preparedness Tips eNotify.
Back to School Preparedness For All Ages
SKYWARN Storm Spotter Training - August 20 6:30 pm -- 8:00 pm - Activities Center
A Pet Preparedness Workshop - September 15 6:30 pm - 7:00 pm - Old Town Newhall Library
Community Emergency Response Training - September 12 - 26 - (3) Saturdays- Activities Center
Back to School Safety
More Feet on the Street…. Share the Road
roads with school buses, pedestrians and bicyclists, and provide children with the necessary knowledge to stay safe at school. Before your children head out, remind them of these year-round safety tips:
As summer draws to a close, the back-to-school season is in full effect. Remember to safely share the
• Always cross street corner where there are traffic signals, designated crosswalks and stops signs.
• Make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them.
• Always walk on sidewalks. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing oncoming traffic
• Always look left, right and left again before crossing the street.
• Always cross streets at corners where there are traffic signals and designated crosswalks.
• Beware of cars that are turning or backing up.
• Never run out into the street or cross between parked cars.
• Never cross the street while using an electronic device
• Do not text or talk on the phone while crossing
• Do not walk with headphones on
• Beware of surroundings
• Plan a safe walking route to school or bus stop with your child.
School crossing guards play an important role in the lives of children who walk or bicycle to school.
• Crossing guards help children safely cross the street at key locations.
• Teach your child to pay attention to the crossing guards whistle, stop sign, and hand signals.
• Drivers need to remember it is the safe crossing of children in the crosswalk that is the priority.