The City of Santa Clarita goals in an emergency are to save lives, protect property and the environment in situations associated with natural disasters, manmade disasters, and national security emergencies. These goals are accomplished by the following emergency management objectives:
- Manage and coordinate overall emergency response and recovery operations.
- Coordinate and liaison with appropriate federal, state and other local government agencies, as well as applicable segments of private sector entities and volunteer agencies.
- Establish priorities and resolve any conflicting demands for support.
- Prepare and disseminate emergency public information to inform, alert and warn the public.
- Disseminate damage information and other essential data.
- Plan for the continuation of government.
For more information contact:
Flu Prevention Begins with You!
Stay healthy this flu season:
Have a plan.
- If you or your family members become sick, it is important that the sick person stay home until they recover to avoid spreading to virus to others. Check with your employer about your sick leave policies. Plan for child care and missed schoolwork.
- Get vaccinated.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health encourage seasonal flu vaccinations. The flu vaccinations are recommended for all people six months and older.
- Wash your hands.
- Wash your hands for 20 to 30 seconds with soap and warm water several times a day, and especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand gel sanitizers are also effective.
- Avoid the spread germs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose-it is an easy way to spread germs into your system and to others.
- Cover your cough and sneeze.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze. Use tissues and through them in a lined trash bin after use. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Stay home until you have been without a fever for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
- Stay informed.
- For the latest information on seasonal flu and health issues link to:
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org